Console to buy

Absolutely get the One-X. Come’on, that’s an easy one! :slight_smile:

Hands down, One X, if money is not an issue.

I’ll start fiddling around with my TV settings, really appreciate the advice.

I have a LG 43UJ6200, this guy here.

I’ll look into it & see what I can do.

I’d recommend for one doing this right out the bat:

1. In game max out both HDR Gamma & HDR Brightness.
  2. Turn the brightness down on your TV until the grey Forza logo is barely visable so that if you go one click lower it dissapears.
  3. Then adjust the in-game HDR gamma to make it even less visable if possible. It usually goes down only by one click in-game before dissapearing.

Hope that helps, if its confusing I don’t minddoing a discord or skype call & running you through it that way as I know it iskinda hard to follow in text.

Also check this link out for calibration:

You have 4 options:
-wait for next xbox consoles to release and buy one of them, which could take up to 2 years from now;
-wait for next xbox consoles to be announced and cross your fingers that microsoft does some sort of sale or price drop while E3 is occuring;
-buy a xbox one s to occupy the need to play forza games and then upgrade to a new xbox in 2 years;
-buy xbox one x and then either ignore next xbox consoles or upgrade to one of them if necessary.

Microsoft stated that the next xbox consoles will be part of the same branch as the xbox one, all games on the newer consoles will work on the current xbox ones, xbox one s will work for 2-3 years to come and then will become useless in terms of perfomance. Xbox one X will hang in there for 5 years at least untill it starts to get too slow to handle new games.

I would highly advise you to wait untill E3 to make your choice, E3 news could change alot of things about your decision, since Microsoft is going to be the main focus in E3 this year.

Hey Evan, I followed your steps and played around with some of my TV settings and wow, what an incredible difference. I can actually see the sun and the sky, the lightning model actually looks really good. Once again, thank you for the in-depth advice, it is really appreciated.

1 Like

No problem! Happy to help!

I love the help people get on these forums! Keep it up fellas :slight_smile:

For anyone who owns an SDR TV, set your dynamic contrast to the lowest setting, and adjust brightness/contrast from there on. Really helps bring out the key highlights in the blacks and whites.