Clan being choked out by Lack of Content

One of my clan mates informed me last night that they are going to stop playing Forza Horizon 5. They enjoyed playing the game for a while, but the lack of clan only activities, particularly racing activities, have made the game boring to them.

Reasons specifically given was that we just do the playlist, which isn’t always stuff we want to do, and then our options are the no restrictions meta chase that is open (which no-one in the clan enjoys), tours that we’ve either done before or don’t have time to build to the restriction, or exhibition races which require more prep time (making sure everyone has something to meet the restriction) than time actually spent racing.

Eliminator was not mentioned because it did not need to be mentioned. We’re the type of people where, if we wanted to play a battle royal game, we’d go play a battle royal game. Playground games also were not mentioned for similar reasons.

This problem would be entirely solved by custom championships, as it would be significantly more racing for an equal amount of prep time. I mentioned this to my clan mate and they agreed, but as the game stands currently that can’t justify continuing to play with their limited time.

Please PGG I’m begging you. Help me with player retention. Both for my clan and your game.

5 Likes

Hate to break it to you but you can expect nothing more from PGG other then one free DLC and one more expansion. Expecting anything else is setting expectations way too high and will lead to disappointment. In all honesty they should create a FH6 suggestion forum where players can post their suggestions to be ignored in the next title. I mean considered.

3 Likes

They can’t technically do that because of DMCA. Next best thing would probably posting stuff on the suggestions hub

Like these?

https://forums.forza.net/t/bring-back-custom-championships/545640

Let’s be honest. There is clear and obvious effort to bury the suggestions hub. There is no way that putting it near the bottom of the list and making it the colour grey was an accident. I get more upvotes on posts that link these posts than in the posts themselves. And even fewer votes in the new voting system.

1 Like

Incorrect. We’ll be expanding the Suggestions Hub section substantially soon, and the forums will be the place we drive all traffic brand-wide to provide the developers with a dedicated place where we can track community ideas such as custom championships. The category colors were picked based on opposite colors on the wheel, with Horizon, Motorsport, Forza, and Misc/Xbox being mandatory, leaving a few options for Creative and Suggestions. If it’s suitable to choose another color and position for Suggestions to make it more prominent without disrupting navigation flow, we’ll do so.

1 Like

I have only the past to judge those words by.

4 Likes

Why can’t you play custom adventure? I’ve from time to time joined high level groups of 6-7 playing A or S1 class road, street or dirt and it can be really good fun if everyone is closely matched. You have championships and anyone else who joins isn’t usually an issue if there’s enough of you to dominate a lobby.

I’ve already talked about why, in both the OP and in my suggestions threads.

If you want a soundbite reason: playing with randoms defeats grouping up in the first place, and there are no restrictions in open.

Randoms ruin everything. It’s the law of the internet. We group up so we can have a dynamic PvP experience without someone bringing a MB Racing truck and corner bombing at every opportunity. Also if we want to race RWD historic rally for example, having to also race and dodge the random other stuff that people bring truly does take away from the experience.

If you want more reasons then what I’ve already laid out, there is also no C or D class options, no cross-discipline options, no scenario construction (eg tackling stormy weather, or limiting the races to circuits), no endurance racing, no custom tracks, and we have to suffer matchmaking/load times not present in convoy only activities. The playlist is a better option. At least there we don’t have to deal with randoms.

1 Like

Custom Horizon Open has a bunch of limitations that make hosting club nights a bit of a challenge:

• No support for C or D Class

• No way to set sessions longer than 3 races

• No way to mix and match surface types

• Depending on your convoy size, it can often take several attempts for the game to create a room with the specific class/event combo you’re matching for (very common with S1 in particular)

• No way to vote for upcoming sessions (like in Forza Horizon 3)

• No way to limit sessions to convoy/friends only

• No way to kick or vote kick troublesome players

• No “ready up” waiting system for convoy members when matchmaking begins (in other words, if they’re in the garage or photo mode and can’t get out and reload the game world in 10 seconds, they get kicked)

Custom Horizon Open is good for a lot of things but has a lot of issues for when you want to do some organised racing session with friends.

Individual convoy races aren’t much better but that’s a separate topic.

My community is still playing for now but it’s been clear since launch that Forza Horizon 5 is not “built for racing”.

3 Likes

Me and my friends just miss the ability to race together online. FH3 was the last series where 2 to 6 of us could party up, join an online adventure or lobby, and race for hours! Actually meet people and talk to them through game chat when it last actually worked.

With FH4 and FH5 you can’t do that. To meet and talk to people, you have to ride around them honking a horn and try to get them to pull over and stop so you can fumble through different little chat messages.

We need to get back to the old online race lobby with open chat and a race menu like FH2 and FH3!

1 Like

I might be unknowingly putting on the Captain Obvious hat here :grin: but there are some workarounds to this: I have friends literally in Australia (I’m in Ohio) that I get on a Messenger call with (totally free) almost weekly, we create a convoy, then race together as a team in trial events, weekly races etc. Not sure if this is possible to do for open racing.

1 Like

There is something to be said for active online lobbies, where people made the choice to be online and actively want to meet other players, vs passively forcing everyone to be online and having it be a quagmire of intentions amongst all of the players.

Perhaps that’s were the gap of understanding between these two posts is.

I don’t believe there are currently alternate options to complete the weekly playlist for on line only events, is that correct?

If you’re talking about stuff like the trial, no, there is no alternative. That’s a whole other can of worms though.

1 Like

And oddly, a lot of people actually don’t like this approach either… there was in fact a thread about this not too long ago on this forum to the effect of “stop following me and honking your horn: just leave me alone”.

I would also example that at pre-release they accidentally set the in game mics to “Always on” and it was an absolutely awful experience. (listen to every dimwit narrate themselves or screaming at their game blissfully unaware that literally everyone could hear you.

I admit, I found it odd that an largely online racing game didn’t have a proper chat built in, but that is because of that E-Everyone Rating they want to maintain and honestly, given the quality of posts in the online forums surrounding the game I’m not sure I’d ever want one.

Having said that, there are some challenges, such as the convoy system not always working for some players, and other mentioned complications that make what you should be able to do harder or require 3rd party tools to coordinate, and that is not a good look.

Yes, you missed the point. we can do weekly trials and championships with no issues. its just the online aka multiplayer lobbies that we could never get out in all together. it always put each of us in a different online lobby.

yeah i hate having to jump to a new adventure lobby to get away from the horn honkers that just following you everywhere.

Just trying to help

1 Like