Cat sound?

Hmm, I haven’t heard any cat noises…and I have a pretty sweet audio system to play on. I am bothered by some of the shifting sounds on some NA cars…sounds like a BOV…

Maybe we should get officer Dibbley onto it ?

I think the following clip has a good representation of the sound, does not really sound like a cat. But I can see how it would sound like one with engine noise mixed in.

Sound1

If that is the same sound, it sounds like an air horn to me.

Pretty sure it’s just engine noise with Doppler effect… take out the Jag XKR-S, be in chase view then look behind you while accelerating to hear the “meow”. Likely works with a lot of cars I just noticed it with the Jag.

uh thats an air horn…

This is an air horn?

That was 2 air horns and a whistle

Life has been busy for me so I haven’t played F5 or been on the forums much. Jumped on tonight and saw this MEOW thread and had to read it!
I have been hearing the ( very clear and distinguished ) Cat Meow sound since I started playing the game on day one. I never took the time to pinpoint which tracks and where but I know I’ve heard it 50+ times. Reading the thread It baffled my mind that people haven’t heard it LOL. It’s just become so common for me to hear.
Even though it sounds exactly like a cats meow I don’t think that was the intended sound effect T10 was going for. Like others have said, it’s probably another sound effect that didn’t come out quite right or I’d guess maybe an overlap of a few sound effects ( certain corner effect on track A, mixed with crowd noise, mixed with car engine, car exhaust and mixed with tire squeal ) producing an un intended mix of effects that sound exactly like a cats meow.
Depending on car, exhaust, driving view, if/ how much tires are screaching and your volume level… May make the sound more/less dominant at times.

Paul

Love LOVE the addition 1965 Ford Mustang