Cars - Porsche 718 Cayman GTS 2018 - uses 4 cylinder engines sound (1743504)

Another car with wrong sounds… We need a new sound team, I don’t know what to say anymore…

In what world does a 4.0 flat 6 sound this way, I didn’t expect new sounds, just from another 4.0 Porsche model would do.

you’d think with the last 5+ years of complaints regarding sounds, there would be a small effort to making sure they at least sound like the correct cylinder count.

3 Likes

I recommend posting this here: FM Report New Issues

EDIT: Use FM Car Issues instead

3 Likes

I was going to but the tags all say bug, there is no bug here, just the wrong sound altogether.

4 Likes

inb4 one of the support accounts replies with:
“Would it be possible to provide a video of this in action?”

5 Likes

I recommend uploading them to a file hosting website or Youtube

2 Likes

So, they are not able to figure out the problem on their own?

“Could you please post a video of the wrong sound? We cannot hear the car in our game…”

3 Likes

Sorry, FM Car Issues should be better

2 Likes

Great we can vote whether or not sound design is done properly… I’m sure Porsche are thrilled at the representation of their model.

4 Likes

You’d be surprised. Clearly, all manufacturers are beyond extatic to find out so many of their cars are being continuously misrepresented with terrible sounds and even worse 3D model accuracy.

4 Likes

One thing to note everyone & @PurpIe_Noise - despite the frankly very horrendous car sounds and visuals of FM IMO - is that the 2018 GTS was a four cylinder engine. I believe it is the exact same car from FH5.

It wasn’t until later after consumer backlash that Porsche replaced the GTS with the naturally aspirated flat-six in the 718 Cayman GTS 4.0.

If it is not a GTS 4.0, it does not have the flat-six and instead has the boxer 4-cylinder.

It is crazy we do not have the newer GTS 4.0 alongside the 4-banger GTS, but then again, FM car sounds are absolutely rubbish regardless of the car or engine.

4 Likes

Nearly all the Porches in the game sound very wrong. The 918 sound will make you lose your lunch.

4 Likes

Good

The car in FM has a 4.0 litre 6 cylinder, at least according to in-game stats.

That is so strange. T10 is clearly wrong. The 2018 GTS was a flat-four in IRL and FH5. Know your cars devs!

1 Like

At least it got bug-logged now fingers crossed for the sound getting right