Cars - McLaren P1 2013 - Car does not sound accurate to real life (1726542)

Sounds on both these cars are completely wrong.

The intake, exhaust, motor, turbo blow off valve… It’s all wrong.

Also the samples sound squashed, weak and tiny. Are the car sounds not recorded in Dolby 5.1 at least?

@opencamswrx Man, glad you posted about this. The car sounds really wrong.

Demo:

Actual sounds of the cars:

We need a sound update for this car. It’s compulsory.

4 Likes

Have you played Assetto Corsa and PCARS 2 on the Xbox? They both have really accurate samples for both the P1 and P1 GTR. Fraction of the budget, mind you!

1 Like

I did play PCars2 and Assetto Corsa. In fact, I played Assetto Corsa more than Pcars2 though and amazes me every time, how accurately they get the sound right. And yup, fraction of the budget with high quality car sounds and performance. I agree with you wholeheartedly.

1 Like

All of them sound dreadful, suppressed, quiet and compressed. So I don’t want to create a separate thread for every single one!

The P1s sound especially bad I think someone already created a thread about those, more than one users.

The P1 e.g. is not supposed to sound suppressed and rumbly like a 720S or some other McLaren road car but rather needs to have the metallic and mechanical sound from the real P1 complete with loud blow off valve sound.
Two games that do justice to the P1 and P1 GTR is Assetto Corsa and Project Cars 2.

Please at least start with the P1s. They sound terrible and nothing like the actual cars.

@T10ManteoMax

1 Like

So badly want the real sound for this car as it’s such a lovely, mechanical sound with the loud blow off valve on off throttle/coasting. Here’s hoping.

Game’s sound right now is just terrible. Totally undrivable.

1 Like

When’s the sound getting updated for the P1? It sounds downright dreadful. At least FM 5 to 7 had a mildly realistic sound.

Please update this car at the earliest. I don’t feel like driving it because of how poor it sounds. Assetto Corsa has a great sample, 100% accurate to the real car. Please use that as a base and add your touch to it to make it as close to the real car as possible.

@JetPartySalad

1 Like

Excellent, bug logged. Looking forward to hearing the real sound of the P1 and P1 GTR.

1 Like

I hope we will get an epic update to both these cars - Assetto Corsa has a near-perfect reference for both, as does PCARS2.

Undeniably one of the most dreadful sounding cars in the game. Nothing sounds right - not the motor, exhaust, off throttle pops and bangs, turbo spool and blow off valve, nothing.

How long do we have to put up with this ugly and low quality placeholder sound?