Car resets way too early

Physics in computers can be worked out in advance, it’s not random. The flip is always going to hit the same rock in the same place, so you speed up the physics with an invisible car.

I agree but we are dealing with a team that needed several months to workout a duplicate cars filter feature, half way done btw so better keep our dreams ultimately basic.

Furthermore, rolling until car gets or not on its 4 wheels can be so long or super short, some player may prefer reset happens as soon as car start spinning, another will want to wait to see …

Experience teaches you when it won’t recover, just having a button allowing to trigger reset would be just enough.

I hear the argument of Y disabled because of accidental press, I did also loss a couple of championships when I forgot to disable it. But if it was active only during the time the car was detecting flipping, I would say it reduces the risks unless rolling all the time but …

Anyway it would be back as it was, it would already be so much better …

You cannot rewind in some game modes though!

It would be better to just turn off the over zealous auto reset feature altogether and implement a “X Reset”, like when a car gets stuck on rocks.

that’s exactly what I suggested, whenever the car is detected rolling, propose player with the reset button until car back on its 4 wheels, either he clicks or not, his choice, nothing damned automatic.

Here’s an annoying example of the car reset in operation.

Actually if they just put it back how it was I would be happy.

I agree 100%. No idea why they would change that.

This is something that really gets on my nerves, it has even caused me to lose races that I would have otherwise won if the game gave my car enough time to flip back onto its wheels. Respawning is good, but give us an option to respawn manually, because auto respawn is honestly more frustrating than it is helpful.

1 Like

Is it possible to make an option that would disable the “automatic reset” when flipping a car on the roof?
Or at least reducing it’s “sensitivity”?
Because in some moments it’s completely unnecessary as shown in the clips below.
Please take a look at this. It really kills the flow and the fun.
Excuse the bad driving, I’m just (trying to) having(/have) fun lol

https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/evoks05/video/94310531 at 00:20

https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/evoks05/video/94310668 at 00:18

https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/evoks05/video/94310764 at 00:17

3 Likes

OK. I have to post in here again. This reset thing is really started to piss me off. I’ll be in a race, flip the car, land flat on my tires and it resets. Not to mention how many times I’ve had huge combo runs broken from resets.

Nothing was wrong with the old reset system. Change it back, please. I haven’t been on this forum for forever. I’m back just because this reset system is BS.

6 Likes

They won’t change this, they will not admit that they screwed up and roll back to previous reset timer. They did the same thing with points system in team adventure, they will never admit they made a mistake or do anything to fix it. Don’t waste your time trying to fight the windmills, vote with your wallet next time.

1 Like

They really need to fix this, so many times I’ve lost races because of this, especially in the eliminator. Just now in the final race, I went from 2nd to 9/9th place, it reset me as I was landing on my wheels and put me literally 700m back (and after a long black screen), ended up finishing 4th :/. So annoying, really ruins the fun tbh.

3 Likes

devs trashing the game with they great ideas more and more after every update

4 Likes

It’s been awhile sense I’ve posted here, But I agree, The resets are WAY! to fast, Like others here I’ve also lost races because of it, I’ve even nose dived it into dirt mounds with the rear of the vehicle up in the air,
And before the rear end can come back down on it’s wheels, The car resets, It’s REALLY! frustrating.

2 Likes

https://support.forzamotorsport.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

me : #92301

I know it’s kind of a dead end, but will have tried.

1 Like

Alright this issue began back in march, one day there was an update for the map in forza horizon 4, and that was not it. it also made it so the cars reset even though you landed on your wheels. in the isetta if you wheelie you might get reset. if your roll was slow or you rolled more than twice there is a 90% chance it’ll reset. you can tell that it waits for you to land on your wheels so it can reset you. EVERYONE KNOWS THIS BUT DOESN’T TALK ABOUT IT PUBLICLY. PUT A FEATURE TO WHERE YOU CAN TURN RESETS OFF OR ON. Automatically turn on fast reset for online adventure only. if forza motorsport (WHICH IS A TRACK GAME) doesn’t have auto reset then why do you have to turn your wheels to flip your car. why cant horizon with jumps and hilly areas that has pr stunts that encourage you to jump than why don’t we have manual reset. even pressing a button to reset would help just something to get rid of auto resets. please add this and stop wasting your time for useless features ill only use once like horizon promo or new stories. again fix the resets for horizon please i beg you

1 Like

https://support.forzamotorsport.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

Submit a ticket

hmm, only players are reading you, you know that, don’t you ?

We share the same frustration, we will see with today monthly update if they silently rollback their mess or if they consider it ‘fun’

1 Like

Agree, So many times i could of saved it, only for it to reset. Personally think it could only reset if you’re stationary upside down.

devs don’t care

when you start flipping and rewind, you get in bonus another reset,

2 resets !! wow,

this is new game feature xD