Race routes in reverse

Why not to insert the function to drive the races starting from the end? Almost every car game does it but in FH5 not. The races will be completely different compared to the “straight” version!

That would be awesome! I’ve been thinking this since FH3.

3 Likes

Bruh I was thinking the same thing with fh4, wondering why not do what Mario kart does, have reversed races. I sometimes drive in free roam and wish the races were flip in reverse.

1 Like

More people want this than the Lynk and paste, so maybe there’s hope yet. :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

It’d be nice if there was an option to race existing events in the opposite direction, or, in the case of Sprints, start from the finish line and end at the start line.

In many cases, reverse routes aren’t possible. You can’t make a starting grid in the opposite direction, which is unfortunately neccisary for FH racing to work.

Might I suggest just asking for more races? The map is woefully underutilized as it is by official races, and desperately needs more start points for event labs to boot.

Also the fact that we don’t have a street race down the tarmac half of the caldera is an absolute travesty. I know a reverse of volcan sprint would technically solve that, but there is a lot of the switchback that volcan doesn’t cover.

2 Likes

Well, at the very least, just reverse version of circuits would be fine.

2 Likes

Heyo, I think it’d be pretty neat if reverse routes were introduced into the game. I think almost every race outside of the Cross Country discipline can be raced reversed.

Going a step further, you can build an entire series around the introduction or Reversed Routes. AND you can add more accolades and rival leaderboards.

Of course, I’m not a game dev, but the game can always use more racing routes, and this seems like an easier way to pull it off.

One of the frustrating things about the Forza Horizon 5 Playlist is that the tracks get a bit repetitive after a year of playing weekly. Maybe things could be mixed up a little by offering us Reversed / Mirrored tracks each month. Everybody’s bored of doing the same thing week in, week out, especially if the game is intended to have a 2-3 year life-cycle. It’s getting stale. The amount of tracks could be doubled simply by adding a Reversed option.

SUGGESTION:

1. Reverse / Mirror tracks in the Festival Playlist.
3 Likes

I was wondering is PGG’s would please look into the ability to allow ALL current race-circuit tracks to be raced in a reverse-route orientation or allow us access to choose this in the route creator so we can set it up…
Example:

Race 1 : Estádio Circuit in forwards rotation (circuit track with a mix of fast & slow left bends)
Race 2 : Estádio Circuit in reverse rotation (circuit track with a mix of fast & slow right bends)

thank you

1 Like

Don’t forget, some courses have steep inclines and fast declines. When reversed, these could be slow inclines and fast declines. It changes the pace of a race significantly, with the minimum of effort from the developer. They could literally double the available tracks overnight, and offer us something slightly different in the Festival Playlist each week that isn’t the same old courses we’ve been doing for the last year.

1 Like

The road and dirt tracks that are designed as laps should have the ability to be run in reverse. This is a fairly common feature in most racing games and would bring a new experience to all of these races.

I agree with this 100% Running some or all of the tracks in the opposite direction would make it seem like a whole new track, and expand the FH5 universe playability :+1: great suggestion!!!

Would love for this to be implemented in Online Drift as well as racing

You can do it in private lobbies, just that line users cannot handle it as the braking line does not work.

Settings are something like distance driven with least distance wins.

Exactly what it says on the tin. I’d like more options in how we can run the courses that exist in the game, and any courses that we ourselves create. It’s always struck me as odd that you can’t race any event, even a circuit, in the opposite direction.

The option to select what direction you’re racing in, or even to mirror the road for an entirely new experience, would be much appreciated. It was always an option in the classic Need for Speed games, and I think Horizon is the perfect place to bring Track Mirroring back in the modern day.

Making a race start point at the end of all point to point races would see that reverse races are possible.
There are too many start points on intersections too, which stops the user being able to utilise fantastic already pre built roads. I like to make circuits with the roads already there and the roads south of Mulegé going up the hill and looping around would be great for a short course, but there’s nowhere to start it from. More start points would be amazing.

That would be so cool! If these are also going to be new Event Start Locations, that will definitely open up opportunities for players to make their EventLab creations in their reverse layout. Personally, I would also like to rotate the Start Grid so that it starts in the opposite direction so that I can save the effort of having to recreate those props. :laughing::sweat_smile:

YES!!!

1 Like

It would be great to have the reverse of the current Vanilla Tracks or the addition of more vanilla tracks in the game. It would allow for more race diversity in online gameplay and it would add to the single player experience of rivals.
Thanks