Amazon.ca shipping G920 before Logitech in North America

So here’s the thing…I live in Canada and I ordered the G920 directly from Logitech in the US a few weeks back and my order said it would be shipped once the product was released on Sep 30th.
Since i started noticing people in AU and NZ already started getting it, I went on Amazon (Canada) to check if by any chance i’d find it…and guess what? i did.
There are some online retailers that have it already In stock so i ended up cancelling my order with Logitech and placed my order in Amazon and the wheel already shipped today, so i should be getting it the next couple of days.

So why some online retailers in North America are shipping it before the manufacturer?? I honestly can’t understand it, but i’m happy i was able to cancel my order with Logitech and should have my wheel in the next day or two since it’s a domestic shipment.

1 Like

I’d be careful about ordering from those sellers on Amazon.ca. Some of them are likely not authorized retailers and you won’t get any warranty support from Logitech if your wheel fails. I’d personally wait until Logitech gets stock, but that’s just me.

Thanks for the advise. I’ve had it for almost a week now and I opened the pedals to remove the damper because I didn’t really like the feel of the brake so I voided my warranty already anyways lol. Not that I really worry about it because my G27 never broke (still have it) and I don’t expect the G920 to be any different in terms of reliability. That’s kind of the reason why I chose Logitech over Thrustmaster in the first place.

The wheel feels amazing and I’m loving the pedals now.

The Canadian Logitech website has the G920 in stock now.

That’s good. If you’re in Canada and looking for a wheel, I highly recommend it. I’m loving it so far!! =)

How does it work wth Forza 6? The general consensus is that wheel FFB is very poor in the game. Maybe the G920 is better than the TX?

Let me start off by saying I’ve never used TX so I can’t tell you which one is better. I used to play Gran Turismo 5 with a G27 and Forza 4 with a Fanatec CSR so that’s what I can compare it to.

For what I can remember from the G27, the force feedback feels pretty similar. It won’t blow your mind but it’s good enough for me and it gives you a good sense of what your car and tyres are doing…I think the CSR was slightly better in this department but I’m not complaining either. TX owners are also saying tho that the FFB of the game isn’t as good as it could be (independent of which wheel you use).

For what I’ve read, the FFB of the TX is better but that’s also the reason why it breaks and burns more often than not. Lots of people having issues with it since day one or having to replace it within months. You’ll find lots of those comments in this forum and online retailer reviews about it so it’s not an isolated issue.

You won’t find those type of comments about any Logitech wheel. I used the G27 for about 3 years and never experienced any problem so for me reliability was the most important thing.

Regarding Forza 6, the wheel was developed and tested in conjunction with the game so you could say it’s the official wheel for this game and you can tell since the handling is superb.

Overall I’m happy with my purchase