Always one drivavatar that pulls away

I am noticing this issue as well. If this keeps up, I may go offline. Turn 10, please resolve.

1 Like

I’m so glad to hear I’m not the only one! LOL I’t seems like Circuit of the Americas is one of the tracks it happens to me the most on. I tried drastically adjusting the Drivitar difficulty level, and the lead car’s laptimes didn’t really change much. Nice! Eventually, after many restarts, I got a good jump past most of the field at the first corner and was able to hunt down the “pull away” car that race. Once I caught him, I promptly put the lead car into a barrier. Problem solved. (Ok… I could have probably just passed him, but the barrier was more satisfying)
Turn 10- it would be GREAT if this could be addressed in an update soon.
Love the game overall so far!!

I have problems with fluctuating difficulties. Try the Formula E showcase event or the Caterham one. Normally I put pro difficulty in its place, but those 2 events were unbeatable.

Well, unbeatable in Pro difficutly, of course you can beat them on lower difficulties. But still…

I’ve been having this happen too, it’s quite strange!

This actually happened in Forza 5 too. In Forza 6, when it’s a Drivatar of a friend I no longer keep in touch with, I delete them off my friends list. The next time I play (requires game reset), the OP AI has transferred to a different Drivatar (one that had placed really low in previous races).

I don’t think rubber-banding or artificially over-powered opponents have any place in racing games, let alone a high profile racing simulation. Even on the lowest difficulty setting, there is still a Drivatar a substantial distance ahead of the rest of the group, sometimes just one turn ahead of me the entire race no matter how well I’m driving.

There are not enough laps in a race to fight (cleanly) through the pack and still keep the leader(s) in play for the last couple of laps. The lap count needs to be increased. Simple.

When it was AI instead of drivatars one always smoked the rest, and it was always the same one. And everyone that played the games with AI is already thinking about his name without me even saying it. M. Rossi.

I always took him out. I didn’t need to take him out, I just did. It spiced up the races to get to M. Rossi and mess with him and make sure he didn’t get a podium out of it. Especially since the game track the AI driver stats.

4 Likes

This is kinda driving me nuts too. I don’t mind coming second if I feel I lost out because of a mistake or something, but on some races, the guy in first is still way out of sight at the end, and no amount of perfect driving would have got me anywhere near.

Very much taking the shine off the game for me. Especially after paying premium for the early access!

That’s a lot of money to pay just for early access. Hopefully the extra content was worth it for you at least. I chose to wait till the 15th.

Yeah, the added extras are a bonus. Would have paid for the F&F cars and VIP Access anyway. Main reason I went for the premium was the early access, purely as I will be on holiday from regular launch day for 2 weeks, so wouldn’t be able to play until October if I waited.

Bit sad, but what can you do eh? :wink:

I thought it was only me. Glad to know I’m wrong. I noticed this immediately on the first couple of races. The guy out in front would just destroy everyone else, didn’t matter if I raced cleanly (tried to) or went for the jugular, he was always way out in front and you almost can’t catch him. Then on some races, it’s easy and you can blow past everyone.

Tested another thing the gap between normal AI and drivatars is staggering … I mean very easy drivatars are more difficult than average AI difficulty … heck even above average is easier. Tomorrow I try it on a more difficult level of drivatars. Don’t know for sure if it’s intended that way however imho ity seems drivatars are somehow artificially boosted.

This thread cracks me up. “I’ve played the game for one day and set the difficulty to unbeatable, and I keep getting beat!! This game is horrible!”

My two cents - for the tracks I’m new to, the lone drivatar pulls away and gets a pretty good lead by the time I fight through traffic. I rarely catch them. I don’t know the courses well, and am botching the corners - way late on the gas, poor lines, etc. For tracks that I’m familiar with - I have no problem catching and beating the lone drivatar. It’s actually kind of fun and will probably stay in career mode longer instead of switching over to hot lapping and racing ghosts.

What’s the point of an “unbeatable” setting when folks can beat it at that setting consistently after only a day of gameplay?

Kids these days. When I was a kid, we had to play Pole Position at the arcade. And we didn’t get to change difficult settings. And we liked it.

9 Likes

I remember. At least Pole Position had qualifying before the race.

1 Like

If you read through the post the difficulty settings are not only on unbeatable but the lower difficulties including new driver.

I noticed this almost immediately as well. There is always one AI that pulls away and seems to have a huge power difference in the straights on every difficulty I have tried. I dont mind a little bit of a challenge but to chase AI when you set it to new driver and never catch it is just ridiculous. Seeing how many people have experienced this I hope turn 10 at least fixes this in lower difficulty settings. I will stay in offline mode until then.

Not sure only kids experience this. Im actually stuck in career on a track Im very familiar on. I Normally race on Higly skilled/Expert, but after setting drivatars all the way down, I still cant finish top 3 in this race. Im not the best at this game, but normally below 500 on most tracks/classes on leaderboard on Forza 5 so I should be able to progress career without struggling to much this early in career.

Will try the tip about disconnecting Xbox on this race.

[Mod Edit - Abbreviated profanity, profanity and profanity that is disguised but still alludes to the words are not permitted - D]

I’m definitely experiencing this. I had Drivatar set to “New Player” because it has been a few years since I played Forza 4. It seems to happen with all the lower level Drivatars.

To give an example of what it feels like when this happens:

In a 5 lap race I am running 10 car lengths or so out in front of the lead Drivatar. So that Drivatar’s lap times are similar to mine for 4 out of 5 laps. It is racing consistent laps and not changing position; so I’m watching it closely. In the final lap that Drivatar suddenly zooms past me and – looking at the final leaderboard – shaved approximately 4 seconds off its fastest prior lap. It’s almost like racing with someone who is humoring you until the final lap.

It makes the early part of this game extremely frustrating, as it happens to you over and over and over.

I posted more info about what I have experienced with the Drivatars here.

I think this reviewer also had the same experience; as he says:

The ai behavior reminds me of how Project Gotham 2 was, if you didn’t get in 1st within the first 3-4 turns you were never catching up, but if you did get in first you’d just pull away. The drivatars on unbeatable are much harder than they used to be, but i dont like that it’s basically the same situation race after race. Starting in 12th or whatever we get started at we’re already a few seconds behind the leader and since they don’t have anyone impeding they’re racing line they just take off. So let’s say you start 4 seconds behind the leader and it’s a 4 lap race you have to be over a second faster than the lead each lap to catch them. Alot of these races are 2 laps which means you need to be over 2 seconds quicker. They should add qualifying but I know they won’t because they like to control the “experience” and they want us to see the drivatars go 3 wide into a turns bla bla bla and have people battling for 8th place like it matters at that point.

I also think they want people to use the mod cards, if we were able to qualify we would never use them and one of their new features would be worthless. I’m sure we’ll get some stats in a few weeks like 8 billion miles driven, million hours in forza forzavista and 10 million mod cards used. Whatever makes them feel good about themselves

2 Likes