After Oct. update TMX Wheel vibrates really bad after boot up.

And here we are weeks later and not a peep from turn10

I just recived a support case update. It looks like they have it flagged as a known issue however it hasnt been put on on Known Issues page yet (https://support.forzamotorsport.net/hc/en-us/articles/360001991068-FH4-Known-Issues.)

2 Likes

Another XbS + G920 user with oscillation reporting in.

Looks like it may get some attention after all…sweet

Fanatec wheels also and it’s quite violent. If you boot the Xbox by turning the wheel on and do nothing else ( play another racing game, open the guide,etc) it’s fine. If you go from another racing game or do anything else prior to playing Horizon 4 you will get the shake.

Mine seems totally random.I have tried different ways of starting the game and sometimes they work and then the next try it shakes violently doing the same startup procedure.Totally screwed up.I wonder if anyone is going to look into this issue before it causes damage to our wheels…

Same here Fanatec 2.5 on the Xbox One X. Workaround for me is to turn the FFB completely down on the wheel till after the game has booted. It’s not random in my situation. It does the shaking every time I boot the game or switch from one game to FH4. Since the October update that is. Hope this will be looked after since this is definitly going to damage your wheel at a certain point.

This is getting ridiculous. Will a mod please respond to this thread?!

How do you go about opening a support ticket??? This bs is getting ridiculous,why is nobody responding?

The thread is getting buried past the first couple of pages into no mans land. Need to bump in hopes of getting recognized. I’m not risking my wheel over a game so I hope it gets resolved ASAP.

TURN 10 Please fix this issue.I opened a support ticket with Glitter but he/she hasn’t responded.The wheel is on the supported list of wheels FYI so thats a laugh.

I have the same issue on Xboxone with the Logitech G920, and I also have the Thrustmaster TX wheel and it does the same wild oscillating when Horizon 4 starts up, so this is not exclusive to one brand of wheel. I find this occurs mainly after playing Horizon 3 or Forza 7 and then I put in the Horizon 4 disc, or if I quit the game and turn off the Xboxone. Upon start up, It loads ok until the intro screen appears and then the wheel goes crazy. I’ve tried various fixes mentioned in the above posts, but the best fix for me is doing a hard reset on the Xboxone. When the unit boots back up, generally the game starts up and the wheel is ok, but not every time. If I take a break from playing and don’t quit the game, I just back out to the home screen and then turn off the Xboxone. When I return to playing, the game is in resume mode, and the wheel is ok.
This opens up a different issue though. Occasionally when the game is started from resume mode, there is no audio in game with the exception being if I am fast travelling I can hear the ambient background sounds that you normally hear. Very strange and very frustrating, because then I have to restart the game to get the in game audio back and hope that it doesn’t cause the wheel issue when it starts up. Hopefully these issues get resolved soon. No issues with the wheels on Horizon 3 or Forza 7. This is a Horizon 4 problem and only since the last update.

I tried setting wheel back to default and still no change.In fact it seemed to vibrate even worse at startup.I found that if I hit the menu button while the game is loading it stops vibrating.Takes longer to load but it is saving my wheel.FIX THIS ISSUE PLEASE.

This problem should have been addressed and resolved a month ago. So much for customer service!

Anyway, I use a Logitech G920 wheel for driving and the controller for painting on my Xbox One X. Had I not found a work-a-round, I would have been done with this game.

This is how I get the wheel to stop the violent shaking and actually work in FH4:

1. Start the console using the Xbox button.
  2. After the machine is up and running, connect the wheel and allow it to complete its calibration.
  3. Turn the controller on & keep it on.
  4. Select FH4 using the controller.
  5. After FH4 starts to load and you get the “Press A to start” prompt, press the “A” button on your wheel (might need to do this several times to get to the next prompt, “Who are you?”)
  6. When the “Who are you?” prompt appears, select your gamertag with the controller and press the “A” button. The game will then complete the loading process and you’re in. You can then use both the wheel and controller to wander about the UK.

Hope this helps.

Maybe once this reaches 50 posts we will get a fix or at least an acknowledgement of the issue.

1 Like

It´s the same here for me. I got a Fanatec Clubsport Wheel and none of the given workarounds fix the issue…

Try this to get around the problem:

Before you start FH4 turn the wheel 45 degrees or so either way from the center position. Hold the wheel in the new position and then start the game. During the game start up you should feel the wheel release somewhat. Once the game gets to the place where you press A for selecting the player release the wheel. It should center and then you can continue as normal.

This works for me with my Fanatec CSR 2.

Yes this does kinda work,only it has full motor pressure on the wheel until that magic spot where you press a and it releases,so still bad for our wheels.We need a proper fix for the issue and it still seems to be being ignored.

Got this today with TMX Pro.

I wasn’t convinced if I need to buy this iteration of Horizon, so for last couple of weeks I’m trying this with Game Pass. Overall experience was much below my expectations, partly because of a bad wheel feeling.

Now, since this week’s update, I decided to give it last shot and I got this.

Wheel now makes strange noises while in-game, so I’m not happy at all.

Join the club,try sending a support ticket,lol. There is a link at the top of the page.