Adding tuning was a bad idea?

I miss ECU and boost tuning - I would always go for the flattest, smoothest power and torque curves possible, usually at the expense of peak output(my R34 had straight lines for both, with peak torque at idle), to the bewilderment of all my friends at the time, who went for peak power at the expense of the rest of the rev-range; they were equally bewildered by how they could never catch me on circuits, URL, and especially StreetX events…

:slight_smile: NFS underground 2 was the best NFS i miss that game. lol nfs should remake it UNDERGROUND 3 that would be a hit :wink:

Stance Nation BABY!!!

Just realised what I can do with car meets… Not usually a fan of slammed cars. But I cannot wait to put some cars into the weeds!!

If by in-depth you mean programming the bounce of the hydraulics on your Lincoln Navigator, then you are completely correct.

Except you can’t tune hydraulics in NFSU2.

Some in this community may come off a little snobbish at times, but if I remember correctly Need for Speed Underground had 2 different handling modes embedded in game settings along with ecu/turbo tuning on the dynos. even tho it was mini game I spent countless hours with the surround sound up tuning my supras/ mustangs for drag on the freeway as good as forza tuning is I don’t remember ever staying up 48 hours straight trying to get the perfect Dyno Tune I was hooked!!! NFS hasn’t been able to replicate that since Underground 2, not most wanted, not carbon, and definitely not undercover… I really wish Forza Had Dyno Tuning.

2 Likes

Sounds like the game wasn’t quite as in-depth as Forza then. Thanks for proving my point.

I proved that NFSU2 doesn’t have silly tuning options. In NFSU2, you can tune suspension, nitrous, gear ratios, brakes, and aero. It affects pretty much every part like Forza, plus with nitrous. Not bad for a for a game that is older than any Forza game.

I don’t know if you are buying on the 360 version, but if you are, and anyhow else reading, there won’t be tuning on it - whether that’s for better or worse.

Then why don’t you just play Horizon 1?

Tuning has been something everyone’s been asking for for a long time in a Horizon game! You don’t need to use it, and even then, if you’re confused and don’t know what any of it means read the description or youtube/google videos and information, or even download a tune. Tuning’s a big part to Forza games, not only does it allow you to make drift, drag and even circuit cars, it also allows you to visually customize your vehicle with cambered wheels and lowered suspension, or even have a little fun by making a Jelly tune lol. And with me being a huge drifting fan, Forza Horizon 1 made it kinda hard with the short gear ratios not being able to tune the suspension, diffs, tire pressure ect… to be honest this post wasn’t very necessary as it should of been posted on the wishlist/request thread. :stuck_out_tongue:

In all, tuning doesn’t make a “HUGE” difference, all it does is maybe give you a little more power and vehicle handling the way you want it to handle. Not hating on your opinion, just giving my own opinion on a public thread :slight_smile:

1 Like

Being able to tune your car was one of the most requested features for this game, they simply listened to the consumer. I for one would also not have brought this if tuning was not available. In my opinion tuning was added because this game will end up being more about highway pulls and drag racing with cruising thrown in the mix more then anything else.

1 Like

Tuning is in? OMG Guitars confirmed! You can play as an act in the festival and be lead singer with a guitar and it’s going to be awsssuuuummmmm! OMG, like so much lulz etc.

Or, hey i can make my car bouncy which will be great fun off-road. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Can you still upgrade like in Horizon 1 with Horizon 2 for the XO? I can see that some people want to tune, others don’t want to do it. I’m not a turner either, but as long as you can upgrade the easy way I’m fine. I don’t think the 360 version has tuning, so I’m safe, I liked the upgrade system in Horizon, sounds like that’s still the same in Horizon 2 for the 360.

Yes you can upgrade your car, tuning is an extra layer on top of that for you to tailor your ride to your driving style if you so wish. Once you upgrade parts your car is basic tuned, so it will still run well, it’s just for people who like a bit more grip in corners, or acceleration off the line etc. Different people like different driving styles and tuning helps with that. :slight_smile:

Then I don’t see the problem, then everyone got what they want and need. Tuners can tune… upgraders can upgrade… and people who only want none of it can buy various classes of cars. Everyone happy… except for the people who want bikes :slight_smile:

1 Like

The game itself was silly because it allowed you to “tune” those things and then add hydraulics, subwoofers and spinner wheels to the car while pretending they didn’t affect the handling whatsoever. But please continue to compare it to Forza.

Yes the visual mods in NFSU2 is most of the part goofy, but it doesn’t change the fact the tuning in incredible for Xbox/2004 standards. Forza’s body customization is severely lacking and take ages to have the slightest update.

why are people having such a hard time accepting they are trying to please both sides? I’m sure they didn’t go “you know what? Lets divide all the people from the original games, you know all the ones that support us.” I always thought they are trying to get everyone from casual to arcare to sim and pro. Horizon is a melting pot of different things meshed together, like the theme of these games. Everyone come together and have some fun. I don’t think horizon is met to be taken so seriously, but then again if you want to they have options and niches for that. * shrugs *