Absolutely mind-boggling how much inspiration Forza took from Fornite

, ,

Fortnite revolutionized the gaming industry. How do you get “it set it back a few years”? Almost every single game that has come out since has used several features from Fortnite. It was and is wildly popular and successful.

I agree. The clothes, dance move crap is stupid. Biggest slap in the face for me in FH5 is the prosthetics and the face diapers. I play this game to escape reality. Not to be reminded of how garbage the world is right now. I nearly lost my leg on a filthy street in Iraq, losing a limb is not a joke or a part of a game. And the face diapers, don’t get me going on that.

3 Likes

they added prosthetic arms for inclusivity, yet i only see people using them for the quite obviously joke characters, and actual people who were victims of losing limbs find it offensive themselves

3 Likes

The truth has been spoken.

1 Like

Imagine whining about prosthetics and masks in a game. Pathetic.

4 Likes

so following your words result in: people who lost limbs are not allowed to make joke characters with prosthetic arms because they offend themself or offend you?

Found the problem player.

I’ve never even watched a game of Fortnight until recently when my nephew showed me. I knew they’d definitely taken elements of it due to its popularity, but I was actually surprised at the similarities in tone, art style and even logo colours. Heck in the Eliminator how they colour the tiers of cars (green-blue-purple-gold) are the exactly the same and same order as Fortnight’s weapons.

1 Like

As someone who plays both Fortnite and FH5 I can say without a doubt these 2 games have nothing in common. The former being a FPS game and the later being an open world car “racing” car. But the eye will see whatever it wants to see.

1 Like

The only real thing they have in common is they are both games.

1 Like

grey-white-green-blue-purple for trash-common-uncommon-rare-epic goes back to at least World of Warcraft and maybe even earlier.
The way yellow/orange/gold fit into the list is different per game and there are other small variations of course. But you will find these colours back in a lot of games with tiered loot.

1 Like

To be fair, I enjoy Eliminator the most. I have 25 wins from 200 games.