About the new Endurance Races

Having done the Daytona race again, the AI behaviour with lapped cars is really poor there (much worse than it was even on some of the other multi class events in the series). The faster cars close in on the slower cars on the speedway section with loads of room to overtake and instead simply pull up behind them and brake before eventually deciding to go around them, losing several seconds each time.

The Type 40 has been quickest for me so far. Got into the 1.41s using that.

2 Likes

Go 6:10 ratio full acceleration then take the last gear whatever it is back down to the premium top speed and bring it back maybe a k or two, then set the other gears as you like

Sounds quite similar to the bug that crashes the game after every event. I think over the whole time I’ve had the game I’ve had one ctd in a race and one lockup whilst racing, very rare, might be worth checking the event log to see what exactly happened, I’m interested to see if it’s the same as the game hanging on return to main menu, keep us posted

Yeah they are much more engaging as long as you enjoy the circuits and the vehicles, Brands hatch and Silverstone were afk’s.

I’d rather do 100 laps of brands short than the indy anyday, same with Silverstone.

Hoping Mount Panorama is this month’s track

There was some serious brake testing going on at Daytona that’s for sure and had a laugh when one of the a.i thought that they could match me for speed going through the bus stop, saw them fly off into the wall behind me

The a.i can really make you laugh in a good way sometimes :smile:

Last race with the Shelby King Cobra and one too many beers. From last to first in 4 laps, then they all pitted and that was an easy win. I lapped the whole field by lap 17, and ended up double-lapping 8th thanks to yet another pit stop.
Did the whole race with my starting fuel and sports tyres. After the AI first pitted, I tried to conserve my tyres. Last lap was excessively sketchy, all four above 60% wear, but I made it to the finish line with 3 minutes on 2nd place. It was more an overtake challenge than a race.

3 Likes

Yeah that race felt very much like going through lots of traffic.

I have got this as information, doesnt mean anything to me tho

Log Name: Application
Source: Application Hang
Date: 06.07.2024 12:03:02
Event ID: 1002
Task Category: (101)
Level: Error
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A
Computer: DESKTOP-KMLDSGH
Description:
The program forza_gaming.desktop.x64_release_final.exe version 1.604.3091.0 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Security and Maintenance control panel.
Process ID: 2f7c
Start Time: 01dacf841ed8a30c
Termination Time: 2
Application Path: E:\Games\Forza Motorsport\Content\forza_gaming.desktop.x64_release_final.exe
Report Id: 40f2faa4-4852-43db-8ddd-ef91b1318709
Faulting package full name: Microsoft.ForzaMotorsport_1.604.3091.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
Faulting package-relative application ID: ReleaseFinal
Hang type: Unknown

Event Xml:

0x80000000000000

Application
DESKTOP-KMLDSGH

forza_gaming.desktop.x64_release_final.exe
2f7c
01dacf841ed8a30c
E:\Games\Forza Motorsport\Content\forza_gaming.desktop.x64_release_final.exe
40f2faa4-4852-43db-8ddd-ef91b1318709
Microsoft.ForzaMotorsport_1.604.3091.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
ReleaseFinal
Unknown
55006E006B006E006F0077006E0000000000

Source
Forza Motorsport

Summary
Stopped responding and was closed

Date
‎06.‎07.‎2024 11:59

Status
Report sent

Description
A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows.
Faulting Application Path: E:\Games\Forza Motorsport\Content\forza_gaming.desktop.x64_release_final.exe

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: MoAppHang
Package Full Name: Microsoft.ForzaMotorsport_1.604.3091.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
Application Name: praid:ReleaseFinal
Application Version: 1.604.3091.0
Application Timestamp: 00000000
Hang Signature: a7e0
Hang Type: 134217728
OS Version: 10.0.19045.2.0.0.256.48
Locale ID: 1031
Additional Hang Signature 1: a7e0a2be98482e7124f323effdeaeb4b
Additional Hang Signature 2: 5ddd
Additional Hang Signature 3: 5dddeaf95a806a06bbde33398fbb97f6
Additional Hang Signature 4: a7e0
Additional Hang Signature 5: a7e0a2be98482e7124f323effdeaeb4b
Additional Hang Signature 6: 5ddd
Additional Hang Signature 7: 5dddeaf95a806a06bbde33398fbb97f6

Extra information about the problem
Bucket ID: 81f8d8e069f7e1765f1bd775ffd8bcec (2241622141350493420)

Yeah, I don’t mind it too much though, I liked those overtake challenges in the other games, but this just goes to highlight just inconsistent the AI difficulty is.
Now if you’ll excuse me, I’ll start the game over to collect my prize car, because obviously it froze at the end.

1 Like

Yeah I’m pretty sure that’s the exact same details as mine shows with the return to main menu crashes, I’ll have a look tomorrow when I get on my pc

I found where I had posted it over in the TSHUB

The hang signature is different but the hang type is the same

1 Like

Until now, I really loved the endurance races. Not easy for most of them, mostly exploiting AI bugs, but hey I loved it.

And now I just lost 7 complete hours in this awful Brands Hatch race only to finish once in 12th. Worst track, worst cheating AI, worst weather, nothing good to save on this one. The person who validated this race, just go take some vacation or try your game. It’s an awful race. AI doesn’t slow down with worned tires under the light rain when your car is just sliding everywhere, the pitstops are random, they obliterate you when they can… Seriously, I don’t want to play this game anymore.

For brands hatch I found that medium 10-11 laps → wet 10-12 laps → wet for the remainder worked pretty well.

I just did the Nurburgring one though, and that was completely ridiculous. The AI cars never had to change tires, while I had to pit twice to make it to the end. The AI cars also never seemed to lose any speed or traction.

If you drive with sport tires instead of race tires and use the Shelby Cobra not Daytona you don’t have to do any pit stops in that Nordschleife race.

1 Like

I ran the Nord race essentially twice (but actually many times as I would sometimes stuff up a corner and face-plant in to the barriers causing severe damage), both times in the Ferrari 250 GTO. First setup was with no new upgrades from when I last used it in a series, I think it was sitting around 620 PI, and the second setup was upgraded to the top of A-class but still on Sports. Both times I didn’t have to pit at all. The AI field was a mixed-bag, in the lower-spec config there were some other cars that didn’t pit and some that did on lap 3 or 4, but at the top of A-class almost all the field pitted at least once and some pitted twice (lap 2 and 4). In one run there were even a couple of cars that pitted at the end of Lap 1, but they might have had damage.

After many attempts, finally finished this series of enduro.

Nord took far too many attempts. Ended up with @Jezza14 tune for the Shelby and H-M split but found the car was horrible on the M. Tough two laps.

All the other attempts were brutal. Critical damage, tyres going off too quickly, ai being stupid. 101 reasons for only finishing it last night!

Daytona I ran the gt40, H-H

Le mans also a H-H split.

My driving isn’t controlled enough for M most times

Medium should enable you to be less controlled because it simply gives you more grip, until the tyres start to go off. I can’t really think of a reason why the car would become more difficult to drive on mediums, especially if you only did two laps using them (as above, I did that race 3/2 split both stints on mediums).

2 Likes

Yea I followed your comments on the races but couldn’t understand why the car was harder to drive on the M. Like it took more concentration on the those 2 laps than the previous 3! Understeer in corners that were ok the previous lap on used H was common. Maybe cold tyres. Shrug

Not a reflection on your tune btw! I could easily have been over driving them too!

Sport tires being immune to tirewear is just hilarious.