McRae R4 2007

Click VOTE above to indicate your interest in this model for Forza Horizon.
Reply below to specify model year, body type, performance trim, or other related info about the cars you’re requesting.

Be sure you’ve read the pinned info about car voting, where you can also find the index of links to other car model topics.

McRae R4 2007

5 Likes

Very unusually styled car but it was intended solely for competition by Colin McRae who co-designed it with Dave Plant.

Has a Naturally Aspirated 2.5L I4 producing around 300hp connected to a 6-Speed Manual or Semi-automatic Gearbox which powered all 4 Wheels (or it could be built as a 2WD if wanted).

It was intended to be similar to a WRC Group N Car in terms of performance but was made available for Customers to purchase and had plans to have it run within the UK in National Rally Events. Colin was in the process of discussion with the British Motorsports Association to have it legalised for competition usage but he passed away before he could see the agreements concluded.

The unusual styling is actually from ex-Codemasters Designers Keith Burden and Tom Webster who had a concept in mind for a Game to be produced by the company but were rejected.

Thankfully Colin was around to drive the car at its real debut in 2007 at the Goodwood Festival of Speed (it was previously just a static shell) but unfortunately he passed away not long after.

With Colin’s unfortunate passing the car ceased its planned production and remains a one-off prototype.

s727078908517165717_p588_i2_w1920
s727078908517165717_p588_i3_w1160

Built by DJM Motorsport

https://www.djm-motorsport.co.uk/McRaeR4.html

A Video on it by Dirtfish alongside an Article

5 Likes

Colin McRae’s dream rally car of his own, yet it was featured in DiRT 1, 2 , and 3. The car was built under the bodyshell of a first-gen Ford Ka.

3 Likes

Would fit the FH5 Rally expansion perfectly! :grinning::+1: