Thunder Roadster GTR (racing)

Click VOTE on this topic above the title to indicate your interest in this model generation for either Horizon or Motorsport games.

Add your details below to specify model year, body type, performance trim, or other related info about the cars you’re requesting.

Be sure you’ve read the pinned info about car voting, where you can also find the index of links to other car model topics.

Thunder Roadster GTR (NASA racing etc)

Thunder Roadstar is a roadster-looking, of another model that was based on classic Indy roadsters (BOTH THE INDY AND THE CAR THAT PRECEDED IT ARE DIFFERENT CARS) , But this time with this time with the looks based on the old GT Prototypes.

Dont get fooled or confused, those machines can run both on ovals and road tracks in very fun racing

They are mostly powered by motorcycle motors, in special a Suzuki Hayabusa motor, giving it a great combination with its lightweight

It is considered a great car for those that want start on racing, NASA (the car championship, not the Space Agency) estimates that you need just 35k USD to start racing, far lower compared to another racing series

LED lights are easly to be attached on them, also comes with custom security bars and wings

Here is some photos of the model

Racing action

1 Like

Those are another cars, Ford Lola was a indycar that run on 60s
The 2003 one is another model that is made by US Legend Cars, it is based on the Lola and preceded this Thunder Roadster, it is another model

It all 3 have the same name BUT ARE DIFERENT MODELS MADE BY DIFFERENT CAR COMPANIES

1 Like

Sure thing, deleted it now.

What a weird set of naming, I assume it’s more akin to a Type of Vehicle rather than a specific model when it comes to calling something a Thunder Roadster

The fact that is kinda a underrated racing car facilitates that, also sometimes they often race each other on same class of racing but the car NASA uses is the Thunder Roaster GTR also known as the Tink GT ROADSTER

1 Like

Ah ok, hopefully Max changes the name to prevent further confusion like I had.

Thanks for correcting me and giving some background info on the whole thing as I never would have known about it otherwise.

They’re kinda like an American Radical SR1/SR3 equivalent it seems but unfortunately not as well known.

Also my replies are broken unfortunately for some reason hence why I’m not replying to you.

1 Like

They are pratically the radical before the radical lol but they are still as fun to drive as the Radical, also i dont think the Radical goes well on Oval Racing like the Thunder GTR goes

Also dont worry, everyone do mistakes sometimes, also sometimes it is broken too

1 Like