Toyota GT-ONE (TS020) race car

Toyota GT-ONE (TS020) race car

This is model is in Forza Motorsport:

• 1999 Toyota #3 Toyota Motorsports GT-ONE TS020 (FM1 through FM)

At the time of FM’s car reveals this topic had 94 votes.

2 Likes

This would be an amazing addition to fh5

2 Likes

It was available in Forza Motorsport 1 through 6! What went wrong for 7 and Horizon?

It was to do with licencing mate. Hence there are a lack of toyota branded cars in FM7 and FH4 at one point (until T10 managed to get the licence once again). Hopefully makes a return.

1 Like

These days, Toyota is the team to beat in the World Endurance Championship, but 25 years ago, they were still finding their feet in European circuit racing. At the time, the top-class endurance racers were mandated to be road-legal, which resulted in small-series production of the Mercedes-Benz CLK GTR and Porsche 911 GT1. While there are around 25 of both of those around, only two street-legal GT-Ones were made. The regulations also said there was to be luggage capacity for a small suitcase, which fit perfectly into the road car’s empty fuel tank… On the race track, the GT-One never really achieved the results its pace and drivers deserved. Taking pole at Le Mans in 1999, a tire failure robbed the Toyota of a chance to take victory from the leading BMW, but the prototype managed to come home second, winning in class. After that, Toyota canned their LMP program to focus on F1, only to return in 2012, and finally win the 24-hour race in 2018, and winning every race and WEC championship since then. We have most of the amazing GT1 cars in FH5, and the Toyota would be a great addition as possibly the fastest of them all.

4 Likes

I think you meant to post in the thread for road going version of GT-One :wink: (this one could use such a dedicated bump too :smiley: )

2 Likes

my bad. I’ll copy that there.

1 Like

It’s coming to FM I saw this car during the conference to the starting line

3 Likes

Would love to see the non racing version car in the game. Like the one in Project Gotham Racing 3!

1 Like

1999 Toyota GT-One Race Car (TS020)

2 Likes

Both 1998 & 1999 cars should appear in Motorsport!

It’s already confirmed for FM

2 Likes

Yeah but which one? The '98 race version, '99 race version or the road going version, or all 3?
Besides the poll is for other future (or current) Forza Titles. I personally would love to see this childhood favorite of mine be added to FH5, even if it’s only the road version.

It’s the race car

Gosh email notifications are not working lol. I take it you missed the part where I asked what year model of the race version, the 99’ model, or 98’ model. IMHO, I think it might be the 99’ model, since it’s appeared before in Forza Motorsport.