Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 1996-2001 (IV, V, VI)

Click VOTE above to indicate your interest in this model for Forza Horizon.
Reply below to provide details about the cars you’re requesting.

Click the tags on this topic to find and vote on other similar models.

Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution (Second generation)

This model has been represented in Forza as the:

• 1999 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI GSR (FH1-FH5 | FM1-FM)
  • 2000 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VI TME (FM1-FM2)
  • 1999 Mitsubishi MINE’s CP9A Lancer Evolution VI (FM1-FM2)

POLL

Note - polls do not replace voting on the topic for our tracking purposes - be sure to click the VOTE button in the upper left above the first post in addition to submitting poll responses.

Which model do you prefer?

• Evo IV
  • Evo V
  • Evo VI
0 voters

Evo 6.5 TME?

1 Like

By far the best looking in my eyes

I want the Evo III and the IV in Forza.

6 Likes

Pictures for those who haven’t seen it

12 Likes

1998 Lancer Evolution V GSR
(Suddenly became a meme car for some reason)

6 Likes

1996 Lancer Evolution IV GSR

6 Likes

I own one of these beauties and have ALWAYS wanted to be able to recreate it. It is the most underrated Evo in my opinion, and they don’t seem to get talked about a lot. They are basically non-existent in racing games, with the only game I can remember playing with it being Gran Turismo 3.

Please give us the 1997 Group A rally version, driven by Tommi Mäkinen and co driven by Seppo Harjanne.
it has always been my favorite Evo model, since i started watching WRC in 1997, this era of WRC has always been special for me.
:warning: WRC Tommi Makinen & Mitsubishi Lancer Evo IV :warning: - YouTube

2 Likes

I was starting to think that Evo VI needs a rescan for the next-gen Forza titles because ever since it appeared in the OG Forza Motorsport, its fog lights are closed the whole time, and it continued till now in FH5.

If you were to bring this Evo to the new Motorsport, would you please open its fog lights? It’s a GSR. The closed fog lights exist for the entry-level RS model.

3 Likes

Heads up, I have merged the three Evo topics into one based on the same Lancer generation. At the time of merging the vote count was:
128 Evo IV
73 Evo V
41 Evo VI

Please vote on the poll in the first post to indicate which Evo version you prefer (or all three).

Remodel it. Now

4 Likes

:rofl:
I’m with you on this one. FM1 model in a built from the ground up game? They think we’re stupid

3 Likes

I’m also with ya bros, Turn 10 never learned how bad FM1 car models are, they’re like:

“Eh, them car models are still lookin’ good for our new game, let’s reuse them. We don’t need to take 'em for rescanning because sum people will complain if we remove 'em for that.”

There are some people would never believe how bad those OG Xbox car models are, that’s where Turn 10 cares about the dark side. Not the light side. When will they ever learn about remodeling cars from the ground up??? :rofl:

1 Like

And they’re right, JDM fans are rabid, and 95% of the cars a certain someone complains about are… JDM. If Mitsubishi was left out of FH5, imagine the outrage

Mitsubishi wasn’t in FH4 at launch…

1 Like

Mitsubishi wasn’t in FH4 at launch, people were disappointed but I don’t recall seeing an actual outrage. Same with Stellantis in FH5, people were very much disappointed but tried to believe it was a licensing issue similar to the one with Toyota in 2017-2019.
You can still spot tons of people asking for random cars under Forza’s social media post. Making FM’s initial car list smaller and then bringing back those cars with fixed models and new customization I think wouldn’t annoy people as much, especially those who have noticed the models are outrageously inaccurate.
I remember seeing FH5’s initial car list and wondering why they got rid of cars like the Vauxhall Carlton, the Ferrari F12 Berlinetta or the Mercedes SL65 Black. Even then I was hoping that maybe they’d finally change up something in those cars which is the reason why they’re not at launch next to all other cars from their manufacturers. Months later we got the Carlton back still using the FM2 model, over a year after that we got the SL65 back still using the FM3 model, and we’re still yet to see the F12 but considering we have the tdf version and Forza doesn’t like adding/bringing back cars that differ in a meaningful way we may as well never see it back.
My point is that there are people who would rather not see the car at launch and then have it return in a better than ever state instead of the same deformed car models we have been forced to see in all previous 12 Forza titles. There will always be people complaining about Forza not adding a car that’s yet to appear in Forza, or people who want Forza to bring back a car from FM4. It was T10’s mistake to realistically overpromise with the amount of cars compared to the overall quality of the game (if they haven’t lied to us with all that). I’m sure people wouldn’t be furious if we saw a smaller initial list of cars and footage showing that they have taken care of the models and they’re not all reused. I’m sure many people would be able to differ the Forza model of the E30 from an actual E30, because it’s so inaccurate. Same with the Evo VI, especially if you point out just one issue because then the entire model “falls apart”.

Yes, but that’s FH4, FH5 was still much bigger than that

FH4: 450 cars at launch, 750 cars after 3 years
FH5: 550 cars at launch, 750 cars after 2 years
My question is, where did those 200+ cars from FH4 go at FH5’s launch? That has always bothered me and it made FH5 seem a lot smaller than what it should’ve been.