Mazda 323 1998-2003 (Protege / Familia)

Click VOTE above to indicate your interest in this model for Forza Horizon.
Reply below to provide details about the cars you’re requesting.

Click the tags on this topic to find and vote on other similar models.

Mazda 323 (Eighth generation)

This model has been represented in Forza games as the:

• 2003 Mazda Protege MAZDASPEED (FM1)
  • 2001 Mazda Mazdaspeed Familia (FM2-FM4)

POLL

Note - polls do not replace voting on the topic for our tracking purposes - be sure to click the VOTE button in the upper left above the first post in addition to submitting poll responses.

Which bodystyle do you prefer?

• Sedan
  • Hatchback
  • Wagon
0 voters

The Mazdaspeed Protege 2001 (from the original Forza) would be nice! but a Mazda Protege Mexican-spec market would be epic

5 Likes

Would love to see either the 2003.5 Mazda mazdaspeed protege or the 2003 Mazda protege5

7 Likes

We need this car back! Should be easy to add since it was in the game before

1 Like

I would literally do anything to have this car back and it shouldn’t be too hard because it was in the game before

I would be happy for the Mazdaspeed Protege/323 Protege SP20 to return to the franchise. Even though you can have fun in high-performance cars, you also can enjoy throwing around a car like this. It’s an understated performance car, yet it looks like an everyday sedan from the late nineties. If you wanted to talk about the hatchback, the Protege5 or 323 Astina SP20, that applies the same concept. But while I do prefer the hatchback over the sedan, both cars could be much welcomed by the community.

Aside from the body style, everything is the same between the sedan and hatchback. Both share the same two-litre inline-four and put out the same amount of power. But unlike the Mazdaspeed Protege and Protege5, both 323 models have black trim along the doors and “SP20” stickers on the sides and boot lid.

Notes and comparisons aside, I would prefer the 323 Astina SP20 - more importantly, a Series 2 from 2002 or 2003. As a decision, this mainly comes down to the taillights - they don’t look as dull compared to the Series 1 and Protege.

6 Likes

As expected all the fun cars were once available in the old Motorsport games:

3 Likes

This we want :smile:

And bring back all the bodykit upgrades. It had so so many for a rather unknown car to most. DG motorsport lip, Erebuni kit etc…

8 Likes

Man the things I’d do for this

2001 Mazda Mazdaspeed Familia

7 Likes

Noice

Would love to do up and race Maz, but don’t have the funds to do so. maybe in Forza

Nice car…